Saturday, February 18, 2023

Gabrielle Zevin - Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow - Notes

Flat out so far one of the best novels I have ever read.

Two friends---often in love but never lovers---come together as creative partners in the world of video game design, where success brings them fame, joy, tragedy, duplicity, and, ultimately, a kind of immortality.  The writing is crisp and sure and sticks to my literary ribs.

The author has a description of Korea/Los Angeles.  I had no idea the Korean presence was so large in LA.

Sam and his mother Anna move to LA.  P. 82

Strange meeting of Sam with his father, George Masur.   Calls him George.  P. 83

Fascinating stuff: video game creation.  I do not understand it---a different world from my world.  Marx, their friend, is a producer.  Fascinating stuff anyway.

Just as Sadie calls Marx a "romantic dilettante" I am an intellectual dilettante.  P. 92

No comments: