Saturday, December 25, 2021

I was surprised that I Iiked the new Spiderman movie. It's the first one I have seen so I did not have the benefit of understanding the character and the background of having seen the previous 34 or ever how many. I have heard of Toby McGuire but did not know that he was the original Spiderman. I had no idea what he looked like even. I am not an intrinsic visual person. I am a verbal person. Special effects and technology don't cut it for me by themselves. There has to be more. On those rare occasions when I watch a movie I like the visual but more prefer an interesting story, a movie that is thought-provoking, affects my emotions and has great acting. Special effects tend to wash over me like Powerpoint dulls my mind watching a one hour PP presentation. So this movie had a good story and appealing characters and the movie made me care about them. B+ The movie brought in the multiverse. Very interesting. I did not know that the concept of the multiverse was cultural mainstream. A Companions watching the move. A+

No comments: