Thursday, November 1, 2018

Fees and Stuff


It's expensive being poor in this country and especially in this state. I misplaced my gas (Spire) bill that was due 10/24 so I paid it in person just now. (Those of you who bank totally electronically more power to you and yours. I'd rather measure out my life in Eliot's coffee spoons). found that the local business that accepts gas bills adds a $3.50 "service fee." They don't accept checks so it's cash or credit card. Even though the bill was only $12.71 I didn't have that much cash on me so I paid by credit card. I thought about it: Mail it in. It's already late anymore. OR, I didn't want to let them run my CC with what you hear these days about thieves accessing credit cards, but I went ahead and did it anyway. For all I know the gas company would have added a late charge. I can see where it's expensive to be poor or careless in my case in this country.

No comments: