Monday, October 17, 2022

Voices

 


Shared with Your friend
Sure, I hear voices; don't you? Mostly in my head, but sometimes outside my head. Woke up from a nap a few minutes ago. Woke up hearing a woman's voice shouting, "Fred, wake up!" I raised up from the pillow, cocked my head, but heard nothing else.
Yesterday I heard voices and as is usually the case, I could hear the voices but couldn't make out what the voices were saying.
But then I recognized they were Southern voices, and then I further realized they sounded like Burl Ives and Paul Newman, Brick and Big Daddy in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," probably talking about Big Daddy's 65th birthday. No Liz Taylor: big disappointment there. Maybe it had something to do with my recent birthday.
Don't ask me how I knew. I just know these things.
I am left to wonder what they were saying.

No comments: