Sunday, April 3, 2022

 Most days I make my rounds with a Class B movie running in my head. Today it's 195something and I walk into Toots Shor's in NYC. Frank is there with Ava and he wavies me over. "Sit down, Rebel," he says. And so I sit down with Frank Sinatra and Ava Gardner. Frank tells me about the place he's buying in Palm Springs. "Come out and see me and I'll introduce you to Dean and Joey. We'll go to Vega and have a good time." Then Joe and Marilyn walk in and we have quite a table. That Marilyn Monroe is such a sweetie, isn't she? When Joe is not looking, Marilyn is making eyes at me, blowing kisses. I love it but if Joe notices, I'm afraid, cause he's bigger than me, a professional athlete. But after all, she's hitting on ME, for heaven's sake! Can I help it if Marilyn Monroe is attracted to me? After a few libations, we're singing "That's Life." "You're riding high in April, shot down in May, but I'm back on top in June." Marilyn is giggling and winking at me. Joe sits there and grimaces like he's trying to pass a kidney stone. I've always heard he's a jerk, and this proves it. Then the party breaks up and Toots comes up and says, "Come back to see me, Fred, your money's no good here." Then I have to drive home from "work," and the party's over. My, my (as Frank would say).

No comments: