Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Things


It's all about "things." We have more things in one bedroom than we had in our whole house growing up in Winfield.
Things displayed. Things that are functional and useful. Things that are useless. Things that we cannot live without. Things that we COULD live without and never miss. Things that are lovely to look at. Things that beg the question "what are we ever going to do with these THINGS!" Blue things are my favorite, but that's just a personal preference. I'll take yellow in a pinch.
The thing of it is, we can never get away from the task of dealing with "things."
Yet:
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
I know, I know, but the latter is more than I can deal with on a rainy Wednesday in January.

No comments: