Wednesday, October 23, 2013

In Search of Lost Time



.The woman who gave me life would have been 101 today. She was a Hankins of Lamar County, Alabama. Those Hankinses were a tough and gritty bunch, yet a sweet, loving, and caring people. There were the sisters, Ruby and Aileen, and the brother Bryan. She was the last one left when she died in 1996. Happy Birthday to my Mother!


Michael Patrick, Michael Dew, Kimberly Scott Duval and 17 others like this..Linda Alexander Hester She was an awesome lady. A great sense of humor, obviously hereditary!15 hours ago · Unlike · 2..Don Waller She gave birth to you and survived to be 84? I miss her too14 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2..



.I'm in search of lost time---remembrance of things past--here in Lee County, living on slow time, on the cusp of the Chattahoochee Valley, where slow time and fast time mingle daily. One day I'll visit that flea market at Smith's Station where maybe I can find a coat for the winter and get lost in time in Moundville where I can truly go back in time and maybe even consider running for the statehouse if I can raise the money. Time, time, time, see what's become of me as I consider my possibilities. Soon the sky will be a hazy shade of winter. In the meantime would you stop and remember me at any convenient time?



Like · · Promote · Share.

Hank Henley, Sheila Bloom, Michael Patrick and 2 others like this..Freddy Hudson Proust would enjoy Moundville.

No comments: