Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bosox

.The Bosox win and I am happy. I would have been happy if the Cardinals had won also. I grew up listening to the Cardinals on KMOX in St. Louis in the golden days of radio. Before the Braves moved to Atlanta in 1966 and there was a team originally called the Houston Colt 45's the Cardinals were the South's team. Lou Brock was my favorite Cardinal player in that time. Musial, Boyer, Gibson and company. For the Sox the Curse of the Bambino is long over. Boston was the last team to integrate with Pumpsie Green in 1959. That's Boston for you. The Splendid Splinter is my fave Red Sock. There was a hitter! .406 still beats 56 in my book. There, I've told you all I know.



Michael Patrick and Lynne Maki like this..Pat Abernethy Murphree My mother loved the Cards--you ar eright they were the South's team. When they were playing on the west coast the radio would be on until 1 or 2 in the morning, or until the game was over.about an hour ago · Like · 1..Fred Hudson I forgot to mention the '46 Series in which the Cardinals beat the Red Sox. Country Slaughter scored from first base on a single to left field in one of the most discussed plays in baseball history. Musial bettered Williams.

No comments: