Tuesday, May 7, 2013

From Facebook

There's nothing like having breakfast at your local Hardee's to feel young again. At 63 I felt like a young whippersnapper as I worked the dining room at the Vestavia Hardees's this morning. Surely I was the only customer under 70. I know how to work a senior crowd. It was fun this morning.

I am beginning to get worried. At this late stage in my life I have yet to receive my 15 minutes of fame. Time is running out. How much longer must I wait? Where are you, Andy Warhol?

This will be a zombie day. If you see me today, do not adjust your glasses. You will not be hallucinating. The silly grin on my face will be for real. The unfocused eyes will be for real. The aimless shuffle will be for real. The only unreal thing will be an occasional smirk. That's just for show.

No comments: