Sunday, May 12, 2013

About Gatsby/Momma Tried

."That leaves only me to blame cause Momma tried"

-Merle Haggard



Like · · Promote · Share.

Hank Henley, Lorna Wood, Lucy Horsley Lewis and 5 others like this..Donna Eads Shiver Your mom did a great job!

3 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1..Lucy Horsley Lewis Should not have denied her teaching :)3 hours ago · Unlike · 1..Fred Hudson So did Pearl.

3 hours ago · Like..

Write a comment.....Fred Hudson

Yesterday

.Another Gatsby movie? My response is WHY? I didn't see the last one in 1974 and I won't see this one. The world needs another Gatsby movie like it needs more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. I am not a Fitzgerald fanatic, but I have read the novel 4 times and expect to read it again. No movie can replicate Fitzgerald's incandescent prose. No pseudo sophisticated plot and character analysis can dilute the sheer exhilaration and pleasure of the prose. Movie-makers: Please leave my Gatsby alone!



Like · · Promote · Share.

Lynne Maki and Mike Denison like this..View 7 more comments..Fred Hudson If you say so, hoss.

18 hours ago · Like..Jody Britt Words are words, pictures are pictures, and the Twains shall never meet...

18 hours ago · Like..Fred Hudson Jay wouldn't say "hoss," but the folks in Andalusia would.

18 hours ago · Edited · Like..Jody Britt They would probably say, "son."

No comments: