Monday, June 27, 2011

Jon Ronson - The Psychopath Test (2)

I did not know about the Scientology "war on psychiatry." Not that I've ever thought about it! As far as I'm concerned, Scientology is nonsense. I haven't checked into it thoroughly, but from what I know, there is nothing to it. Sorry, Tom Cruise.

We have to remember that this is a book about "the psychopath test" written by a journalist. I take it as entertainment, maybe factual, maybe not in some places, but entertainment only.

I've never thought much about psychopathy because as far as I know, I've never met or had to deal with a psychopath.

Knowledgeable people say psychiatry is in a "state of crisis." Maybe so, but I'm not greatly concerned with this subject anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If psychopaths are more highly concentrated in the upper ranks, are there any people at Cengage who are psychopaths?

Fred Hudson said...

Good question. Not that I know of. I doubt the veracity of thinking that psychopaths are prevalent in the "upper ranks."