Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Reading Style

In which a reader named Fred Hudson asks himself some questions in order to elucidate his reading style.

1. Do you dog-ear pages?

No, I do not. The practice is repulsive to me.

2. What about book marks?

Yes, I love book marks. I have a drawer full of them and always place one where l left off the last time.

3. Do you read footnotes as you proceed, or do you read them all at the end?

I've done it both ways but prefer to read them as I go. If necessary, I'll have two book marks going, one for the footnotes if they are at the back of the book.

4. Do you go on reading binges---particular authors, particular subjects?

Yes, occasionally, but they usually don't last too long. Two books typically temporarily extinguishes my binge.

5. Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks?

It really doesn't matter to me.

6. Do you ever feel guilty about what you've read if, say, you read a mass market book or something considered "trashy?"

No, because I make it a point to never read anything I would feel guilty about.

7. Do you read in long sessions or short spurts?

Most typically short spurts.

(To be continued)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll answer these questions too.