Tuesday, February 24, 2009

While driving to work

While driving to work today I was listening to CNN on my satellite radio and someone was interviewing this high school girl who has the aspiration to go to an Ivy League college but her goal is threatened because her Mother lost her job and she figures she can't afford it. After all, scholarship money is becoming more scarce. I couldn't but think that this girl probably shouldn't go to an Ivy League school anyway. Maybe that's a good idealistic goal for a high school student these days, but somehow I am not convinced. We can't all go to Princeton, can we? I didn't go to an Ivy League school, and I do not feel in any way inferior to anyone else. After all, George W. Bush went to Yale and Harvard Business School. I rest my case.

No comments: