Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Reading

2009 will be the year of Lincoln. I anticipate reading many Lincoln books. Michael Burlingame's 2-volume biography is forthcoming and this will be the big Lincoln publishing event of the year. Close behind are Fred Kaplan's literary biography and the forthcoming biography from Ronald White. I am most interested in Lincoln's economic views and his Whig background.

I plan to read more Richard Yates books after enjoying Revolutionary Road.

I am currently finishing a novel by psychiatrist Irvin Yalom and plan to read all of his fiction.

I'd like to do some more reading on the Progressive Era in US history.

I anticipate reading up on health care reform, which will hopefully happen this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be interested in the following. I just heard about it.

The Last Lincolns: The Rise & Fall of a Great American Family by Charles Lachman.

Fred Hudson said...

I plan to check it out!