Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jo Wharton Heath - 1 + 1 = Murder

I read this slim murder mystery because 1) the author is a retired Auburn math professor 2) it takes place in Auburn and 3) since I know her I figure I owe it to her.  I enjoyed it only because she names Auburn in the book and the streets in and around Auburn where the action takes place.  She names Parker Hall which has domiciled the math department forever or at least since the 50's which is much the same thing.

The story is simplistic and not the least bit realistic but it's okay light summer reading.  She has stereotypical students and a motive for murder that is not likely in the real world.

But literary murder mysteries are not supposed to be the real world, are they?

2 comments:

Freddy Hudson said...

I may have to borrow this from you, because of the Auburn connection.

Fred Hudson said...

I have an autographed copy for you coming from the author.