Saturday, April 20, 2013

About Boston

It's hard for a Southern boy to pay tribute to Boston, but here goes. I grew up hating the Celtics because I was a Cincinnati Royals fan because they had Oscar Robertson, my favorite player. I hated Bill Russell even though he is the best basketball player ever. Always liked the Red Sox though. Still wear my 2004 championship hat. They had Ted Williams. He refused to come back out of the dugout and tip his hat after hitting a homerun in his last at bat at Fenway in 1960.   Good for him! Need I say more? Jogged around Fenway in 1990 but have never been inside. Wandered around Harvard in 1990. Didn't see anybody I knew ha,ha. The streets of Boston are like cow paths. The Shell and the River Charles. Love that dirty water. The population density of liberals side-by-side with conservatives must be the country's greatest. So much history. Old next to new but far more old than new. Boston, not NY or Philly, epitomizes The East. Love to hear them Yankees talk. HAH-VUD. Shall we all sing "Sweet Caroline

No comments: