Sunday, August 20, 2023

Oppenheimer the Movie

 Some thoughts about the movie "Oppenheimer."

It was good but it did not overwhelm me. That is mostly because I am not a visual or special effects person and there was so much of that. Special effects usually hide a lack of content. What is more important to me is a drama, a strong story, and good acting.
Having read the book made it much easier to follow the thread of the story.
The best acting job was Lt. Groves. He was just like I pictured him from the book.
Oppenheimer certainly showed his moral anguish.
I was reminded of the 50's when aa communist was in every closet and under every bed.
I did not like how President Truman was presented like some country bumpkin with a bowtie. I thought this was shameful.
I assume cultural sensitivity precluded showing the planes with the two bomb droppings.
P.S. The movie theatre in Hooveer is showing it's age.

No comments: