Friday, August 28, 2020

Today

 


Shared with Your friends
Friends
Not only is there is no there there, there is no here here. On this darkling plain on Dover Beach someone has put up a Holiday Inn Express and a Burger King. There's political talk down the beach a ways, and all I can hear are muffled cries of approval and defiance. The ignorant armies clash by night, but I am a day person. Fight, fight, the dying of the light.


Sometimes you have to be around a taciturn person to finally realize they are taciturn because they have nothing of interest to say.

I am always open-minded, open to new facts and evidence to confirm my preexisting opinions. It's how I roll.

I can always be extemporaneous as long as I have my notes in front of me. Fair enough?


Shared with Your friends
Friends
Read books. Travel. Talk to people from different places. Talk to people of different cultures, different faiths, different perspectives. There's always still time to grow and to learn new things. At the same time, there's still time to learn and to grow right where you are. I don't have all of the answers. I don't even know all of the questions. But I do know the value of family, friends, and relationships. And I do know the value of focus and I know that it is much more blessed and rewarding to give than to receive. Strength to be the person you need to be comes both both internals and externals. It does take a village.
End of morning devotional.


Shared with Your friends
Friends
Fred is back from Texas after playing Pawpaw with his new grandson. Now he knows how special grandchildren are. Now he knows the meaning of "let me tell you about my grandkids." I am now a much wiser man. I've got a lot to learn about being a grandfather no doubt, but I am on my way to learning. By the way, have I told you yet that Alistair Keye Hudson is absolutely the most perfect child on the planet?

No comments: