Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Silly Grin


I wake up this morning with a silly grin on my face. Not like me! But sometimes you just have to laugh and fake it if you have to.
It's so still outside. Nobody leaving for work. No school bus easing thru the neighborhood. Haven't heard a vehicle passing by my house in days though I have seen people out walking. Wind's still. We're all in our own little worlds.
Don't try to figure it out. There's nothing to figure out.
Oops! I forgot! There comes the garbage pickup. It is Tuesday after all, and I did remember to plant my receptacle street-side yesterday. There is SOUND in the hood!
I never thought I'd revel in the sound of the garbage truck rumbling up and down Wilderness Road. 
It's amazing how a pandemic can change perspectives. 
Meanwhile, I am still sporting my silly grin. Too bad nobody will see it and grin with me or better yet at me.

No comments: