Monday, March 4, 2019

Laying Down the Law


One quarter at Auburn I was taking "Introduction to International Law" from a poly sci professor who left in the middle of the quarter having received a Fulbright scholarship to study abroad. We picked up a visiting professor from Columbus College to finish out the term.
The CC professor taught in a very different way than the AU professor, focusing on cases rather than concepts. I made an A on the midterm but was lucky to hold a B after the final.
I remember one of the students asking the professor after he handed out the test and all of us were in a state of shock looking at the final in front of us, "When can we see you to beg for mercy?"
The prof just smiled. Probably the most scared I ever was taking a final exam and I was scared many times.

No comments: