Tuesday, December 18, 2018

From Moyna: At Applebees

Fred just had a MERRY CHRISTMAS moment! He just got home with take-out from Applebee's and said, "You're not going to believe what just happened to me." I asked if he'd been in an accident (my first thought). No, he said. I was sitting in Applebee's waiting for our order, talking to this guy. He looked to be in his 30's. He asked what I did and I told him I was retired - that I had been in college publishing. He said he was some kind of contractor for Iron City - an entertainment venue in B'ham. The guy's order came & he left. A few minutes later, my order came. When I went to pay, I was told by the server that Santa had paid for our take-out! The guy Fred had been talking to paid for our meal! How wonderful is that?!! It's so nice to see the kindness/generosity of people - even when you're not the recipient of the kind act. It just warms your heart and reminds you that the majority of people are kind and good. I told Fred it's now up to us to 'pay it forward.'

No comments: