Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Things to Do in Retirement


Things to do in retirement? Well, maybe learn a new language. Russian? Take a short corse. Proper care of your bladder. Pill Management 101. How to make new friends at your age short of kidnapping. Memory enhancement. How to remember the names of your doctors. Learn some new doctor jokes. (Week after next I will see another one for the first time. I am tempted to act hostile on general principles. Where did you go to med school? Where did your rank in your class? No, I haven't the foggiest idea why I'm here. I just figured you probably needed to make your monthly mortgage payment on your second vacation home.) How to keep a neat wallet. Beyond Passive/Aggressive. Learn some new Freudian Slips for the elderly. How to make Lying work for you again even in retirement.
I keep getting invitations to seminars (though they emphasize they will not try to sell us anything. Sure. Sure). How to get the most out of your retirement. Social Security for Dummies. Making the best Medicare supplement decision.
Volunteer opportunities. No experience required. That's good because I have no experience in anything.
I am going to get right on this by tomorrow if I can remember.

No comments: