Sunday, May 1, 2016

Living Catless

It's been over a year since we've had a cat in our house. The pressure is starting to get to me.
1) The sense of superiority I've always felt in being "a cat person" is starting to fade. I have found no other way to feel superior and am starting to feel quite ordinary.
2) I have missed finding cat hair in my bed and on my laptop keyboard. 
3) Not having a cat to get me up in the morning makes me have to get up in the morning just to go to work. Ugh!
4) I am defenseless against mouse-sized home invaders.
5) I have no bodily fur to bury my face in.
7) I miss all of my old friends at the vet's clinic.
8) I miss the daily exercise of changing the litter.
9) As Dylan says, "You gotta serve somebody." I have one less God's creature to serve.
10) Cats and books make life worth living. I am 50% down.
I could go on but the pressure is getting to me.

No comments: