Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Questions 67 & 68

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I gave up trying to figure that one out years ago about the same time I gave up trying to figure out why my checkbook doesn't balance most months. A digit here, a digit there, the checkbook goof-up fairy strikes again, usually to my debit.
One of my literary friends, who talks about "Wuthering Heights" like most people casually talk about the weather, makes the case that Heathcliff murdered Hindley in order to take possession of both estates. Who knows? I will say that I can't think of many things worse than a man dying still haunted by a woman that he couldn't have. RIP Heathcliff. Cathy is not worth it.
What did Richard Nixon know and when did he know it? Howard Baker's question has to my knowledge never been answered definitely. Even John Dean is only guessing, or so I am told.
What is the real story of Hillary's emails? Today's political partisanship being what it is, there will be many answers but no answer.
Shall we move on to other things now?

No comments: