Friday, May 15, 2015

My Take on Trains

Let the trains run on time. Let the trains run safely, please. I am not a train person. Trains are not a big deal where I live, but they are a big deal in other parts of the country. I have ridden Amtrak in California. It was right pleasant riding the train from Sacramento to Modesto, and Modesto to Bakersfield. I remember cruising thru Fresno. We didn't see the best side of that town from the tracks. (I hope so anyway)
There are train fanatics in this world. I do not understand them. The railroad (Frisco) ran thru my hometown. A train came thru around midnight each night. You got used to it and it didn't wake you up, that is, until my cousin visited once and woke me up excited when he heard the midnight train. Good grief! Go back to sleep, cuz, please! He was a train fanatic who used to draw pictures of train tracks on paper. Like I said, I do not understand train fanatics---people who have electric trains in their basement and who collect train stuff.
Some politicians seem to despise trains. I do not understand them either except that they are opposed to the common good in this country. We all know who they are.

No comments: