Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nonstop

This is the first I've gone out to see a movie in a long time.  I can't remember the last time!

It's an entertaining picture with drama, a plot, and good acting.  At the same time, the plot is over the top.  There is too much plot!

Liam Neeson plays an air marshall who, after boarding his flight to London, starts receiving text messages from a passenger demanding a transfer of 150 million dollars or else someone will die every 20 minutes on the plane.  Neeson's character starts looking for the perpetrator, which takes up much of the story.  But as it goes along the plot gets thicker with various suspects and Neeson's personal problems getting into the act.  It's a bit much by the time it ends.

But I'm glad I went.  Good to get out.  I look at the movie offererings each week and this is the first one I've noticed recently that I would like to see except "Twelve Years a Slave" which I missed before it left town.

No comments: