Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gene Chizik - All In (5)

So it was a bitter ending for Coach Chizik at Iowa State, but Auburn was his dream job. He thought it would get easier once he got to Auburn, but it certainly took time for it to get better

Chizik kept only 3 of the approximately 25 people in Tuberville's organization. There is Coach Yoxall, Coach Lolley, and chaplain Chette Williams. Sometimes I wonder why he kept Lolley when I see the play of our cornerbacks!

The Coach felt like he to make a clean start and have assistants who did things his way; hence, the letting go of Tuberville's people. He says there were certainly hard feelings on the part of Tubs staff, and some of his former coaches have not spoken to him to this day.

In his first meeting with the Auburn players, he quoted from the Auburn creed:

I believe that this is a practical world and that I count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

You can't go wrong when you quote from the Auburn creed!

No comments: