Monday, January 25, 2010

Dennis Lehane - Shutter Island (2)

This book is what I would call an entertainment. It's a compelling psychological suspense story---absolutely marvelous!

If you take to the story, you turn the pages and you can't stop reading until the end. Books like this sometimes disappoint with the ending, but not this one. The ending is fulfilling.

I can't wait for the movie from Martin Scorsese, due to be released February 19. I'll be there the first weekend.

Scorsese has the material for a "Sixth Sense." I hope he does the book justice. I'll be reporting on the movie first thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun to see you excited about a movie.

Fred Hudson said...

It's scary because almost always I am disappointed when excited about a movie. It's just that Scorsese has something really good to work with here.