Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bobby and Che

Per the recommendation of Fred, I finally watched the movie Bobby. It is a sterling film. It is a slow, meditative mosaic of some of the people who were there when Bobby Kennedy was shot at the Ambassador Hotel. The film leaves me feeling that if I were to meet a historical figure, I would want to meet Bobby Kennedy. Our culture would be better if there were more Bobby Kennedys.

Currently, I am watching part one of a two part movie, called Che, about Ernesto Che Guevara. I think the Cuban Revolution and the overthrow of Batista with the 26th of July Movement is provocative. I wonder what book could be read about this subject.

2 comments:

Fred Hudson said...

The Bobby movie is one of the few movies that I would watch again.
I don't anything about Che so I can't comment here.

Fred Hudson said...

I should say I don't KNOW anything about Che.