Sunday, August 30, 2009

The NRA

Normally when I receive a call from the National Rifle Association I immediately hang up. This time I listen to some guy from the NRA say please listen to this recorded message from our president. I listen and hear the NRA president claim that the UN is about to pass a "treaty" that the US will be forced to adopt that will ban all guns in the US and indeed the world. I'm supposed to stay on the line until the live NRA member comes back on the line probably to ask me to join the NRA for a membership fee. I hang up to avoid wasting any more of my time. These people are looney tunes. The sad thing is that you've got maybe 20% of the people, mostly in the Confederate South and the sparsely populated West who believe this nonsense. The same people who support Palin, who believe George W. Bush was a great President, and who can't get over the fact that we have a nonwhite President. As long as we have a nonwhite president, the lunatic Right will continue to proliferate.

No comments: