Monday, October 8, 2007

On Meeting Alan Alda

Alan Alda was in town yesterday to autograph his new book. I can't say that I am an Alan Alda fan or a fanatic about the TV show "MASH." I debated whether to go and get an autographed copy. I did go, and I'm glad I did. I'm glad first of all because I learned that Alan Alda is really nice guy. There is no pretense about him. He's just genuinely decent human being. I enjoyed my 30 seconds with him getting the autographs. He complimented me on my "Hawaiian" shirt and said he had several and wore them all the time. He made sure he spelled "M-o-y-n-a" correctly. You could tell by how he interacted with the people that he was enjoying himself and that he really likes people. I'm glad second of all because I've skimmed thru his books (this new one is his second) and he's a good writer! The books are stories about his life and his points of view on various things, and I look forward to reading them. Had I not gone to the signing, I never would have considered reading these books.So that's the story of my meeting Alan Alda.

No comments: