Monday, August 16, 2021

 


Shared with Your friends
Friends
We were at a company sales meeting in Vail, Colorado, when we came back from lunch and Leo Simcock said to our group, "Elvis Presley is dead." There was a hush in the room, almost like a moment of silence in his honor. No one knew quite what to say. I don't know what to say today except that though I can't say that I was ever a big Elvis fan, I can say since I'm older than Elvis ever got, in the words of Lewis Grizzard, "Elvis is dead, and I don't feel so hot myself."
No need to get all shook up with a suspicious mind. Get up and dance! If you can't find a partner, use a wooden chair. Maybe Spider Murphy will play the tenor sax and Little Joey will blow on the slide trombone. Let's rock! Maybe before the day is over we'll get some of that Kentucky rain. Another little baby child will be born in the ghetto today, but we won't think on that until tomorrow.

No comments: