Thursday, October 1, 2020

I Just Know Things

 


Shared with Your frie
Friends
It seems that I still haven't lost the capacity to reach conclusions quickly without going thru the laborious process of considering facts and reason and needing instruction. I don't have to think about it; some things just come to me intuitively.
For example, to roast a marshmallow attach the marshmallow to a stick and hold it over an open fire. I did not need an instruction booklet or a Youtube video to know this.
To start the car, step on the break and push the button. The saleslady didn't have to instruct. I knew this intuitively.
Karma is dangerous and is to be strenuously avoided. I have always known about bad Karma. Nobody had to tell me that what goes around comes around.
I was reading the New Testament at three. Nobody had to tell me it was important.
I never took Grimm's fairy tales seriously. I always knew they were just scary stories and not to be taken seriously. Wolves don't eat young girls unless they are really, really, really hungry.
Cities are sinful places. Small country towns are salubrious. I knew the word "salubrious" without having to look it up at age 8 Use it in a sentence? Okay. The small town of Winfield where I grew up was a salubrious place to grow up unlike Birmingham.
I just know things. I can't help it. I have good genes.

No comments: