Saturday, July 7, 2012

Woody Allen - "To Rome with Love"

First of all, this movie is stock Woody Allen.  Woody recreates his standard bumbling, wise-cracking, fearful, neurotic persona.    There is the wear & tear of contemporary relationships.   There is the music---Italian this time.  There is the eternal city Rome.  No more New York I guess.

It's not as good as "Midnight in Paris," but still it's quality summer movie entertainment.  Of course, there is no competition at the box office this summer.

Everybody in my theatre seemed to be in my age category.  Is Woody Allen now for my age set exclusively?

Is his humor dated?  There is a crack in the movie about Woody's personality being "three ids."  I love the Freudian references, but who relates to Freudian references these days?

Every building in Rome seems brown.  Is this the way Rome really looks?

This is probably IT for me for summer releases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will watch this movie.

Don't tell me that Freudian humor has gone out of style?