Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally the Twain Shall Meet

All day long yesterday I was HAUNTED by the thought that November 30th was somebody's birthday only I couldn't remember whose. I knew it wasn't mine or anybody in the immediate family, but I couldn't shake the eerie feeling that I was supposed to remember whose birthday it was. Then I had a dream last night. I was on the deck of a ship sailing from Bermuda to NYC. Mark Twain, decked out in hi...s famous white suit, turned to me and said, "You know it's my birthday today, don't you, Fred?" Then he said, "You really should read LIFE ON THE MISSISSIPPI. It's my best work." I think we talked in the dream about that book but this is all I remember this morning. When I woke up this morning I immediately checked and yes, Mark Twain was born on November 30, 1835. Thanks, Mark, for reminding me. Like I said, this is an eerie feeling.

No comments: