Friday, May 13, 2011

Medical Doctors

In recent years I've had negative opinions of doctors. Perhaps my opinion is slowly changing.

Since having a malignant melinoma removed from the back of my neck on December 21, I've been following up appropriately. I had a second surgery on March 21 and have had tests and seen doctors as directed ever since.

Today I saw Dr. Ferguson, the main cancer doctor for Shelby County, for the third time. I like her doctoring. All seems well. All indications are that the melinoma has not spread and that there is no cancer in my body.

I am lucky that it was caught in time. Early detection is the key like they say. All of the doctors I have seen in this situation have been good. Perhaps medical doctors are OK after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least in Shelby County.